WHAT DOES A HEALTHCARE DATA ANALYST DO?// Like most other analytics roles, there’s no one single answer to “what does a healthcare data analyst do?” While there are a lot of similarities across roles, healthcare analysts can work in multiple different areas.
Healthcare data analysts work for a variety of different employers. Hospitals and medical practices may seem to be the obvious option, but insurance companies and the government at federal and state levels also hire healthcare analysts.
Because there isn’t just one “healthcare data analyst” role, the day to day work can look a little different for different roles.
Let’s look at 4 broad categories within healthcare analytics.
0:47 Types of Employers
1:48 Healthcare Providers
2:46 Health & Medical Suppliers
4:48 Insurance Industry
6:14 Policy & Regulatory Organizations
7:08 Messy Job Titles
7:35 Do you need a medical or healthcare background?
💬 LET’S TALK
• Analytics career coaching: https://thecareerforce.com/coaching
💡 RESOURCES FROM JEN
• Data Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/DA-book
• Business Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/BA-book
• Tableau training: https://thecareerforce.com/products/tableau-training/
• Think Like an Analyst training: http://thecareerforce.com/TLAA
• FREE analytics career quiz: http://bit.ly/TCFCareerQuiz
🧰 OTHER RESOURCES
Learn to Code: https://thecareerforce.com/DataCamp
👋 CONNECT WITH ME
Some links may be affiliates. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I only promote products I have investigated and feel deliver value.