Python, R, and SQL get most of the attention when it comes to data science programming languages. But it would be a mistake to count out SAS – long a player and leader in analytics solutions.
SAS is a top tool for industries with significant regulation. Because SAS is privately owned, development has been more focused and cohesive than on some of the open source tools. Not to say that Python or R aren’t cohesive – clearly they’re massively effective – but if your business is heavily regulated then the support and built in structure of SAS gives it an advantage.
These are my 4 reasons to learn SAS for analytics.
0:26 Healthcare analytics
2:30 Finance analytics
3:55 Varied levels of programming
6:15 Next Step from SQL
💬 LET’S TALK
• Analytics career coaching: https://thecareerforce.com/coaching
💡 RESOURCES FROM JEN
• Data Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/DA-book
• Business Analyst eBook: https://thecareerforce.com/BA-book
• Tableau training: https://thecareerforce.com/products/tableau-training/
• Think Like an Analyst training: http://thecareerforce.com/TLAA
• FREE analytics career quiz: http://bit.ly/TCFCareerQuiz
🧰 OTHER RESOURCES
Learn to Code*: https://thecareerforce.com/DataCamp
👋 CONNECT WITH ME
* This is an affiliate link. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I only promote products I have investigated and feel deliver value.